MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting/Volunteer Requirements/ Information
- MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting/Volunteer Requirements/ Information (PDF)
- Letter from Mrs. Stoica Regarding the MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Training for Volunteers (PDF)
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Volunteer Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Fingerprint Locations for Parent/Guardian/Community Volunteers Montgomery County Public Schools (PDF)
We want to thank all of you who completed the MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect Recognizing and Reporting mandatory training for volunteers and provided us with the documentation of completion. Your commitment to supporting our school staff and students is so very much appreciated!
In addition to the Child Abuse and Neglect Recognizing and Reporting mandatory training, the MCPS policy includes specific requirements for field trip volunteers.
These requirements are: Fingerprinting and Background Checks.
Last week we received an update on Field Trip Volunteer Fingerprinting and Background Check Requirements and want to share with you this information.
Please see the information regarding "Fingerprint Locations for Parent/Guardian/Community Volunteers Montgomery County Public Schools."
Additional information includes:
- All volunteers with unsupervised, direct access to students must undergo fingerprinting and background checks before working with students. The volunteer is responsible for the cost of the background check.
- It takes about four weeks to complete a background check.
- Active federal, state, and local law enforcement personnel who have completed a criminal background check as a requirement for employment are exempt from the MCPS background check requirement. However, they are required to provide a copy of their official law enforcement agency issued policy identification to verify exemption from fingerprinting requirement.
We are all committed to ensure the safety of all our students and to working together with all of you. We will continue to update you with any new/additional information we will receive regarding this important MCPS policy.
We would like to hear from you if you will have any questions, comments and/or suggestions. Please contact:
Ms. Gay Melnick, Principal
Mr. Duane Ross, Assistant Principal/ FVES Volunteer Coordinator
Ms. Magdalena Stoica, School Counselor, Child Abuse and Neglect School Liaison
Thank you for all your support!"
Flower Valley Parent's E-List
The Parent's E-List is the fastest way to get school announcements and find out what's going on. Join today!
View/Print the 2017-2018 Calendar (PDF)
*All times subject to change.
Principal: Gay E. Melnick
Assistant Principal: Duane L. Ross
School Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 3:25 p.m.
Early Release Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Address: 4615 Sunflower Drive, Rockville, MD 20853
New Phone: 240-740-1780
New Fax: 240-740-1789